Forbes came out with the list of the richest persons in the world for 2016. In totality, there are 1810 billionaires with the total net worth of $6.48 trillion. The average net worth of a billionaire is $3.6 billion. USA leads the list with 540 billionaires, followed by 251 from China, 120 from Germany, 84 from India, 77 from Russia, 64 from Hong Kong and 50 from UK.
- David Koch and Charles Koch: The brothers run the Koch industries which have interests in diverse industries. They deal in building materials, oil refineries and pipelines, paper towels, Dixie cups among other things. Currently they are both worth $39.6 Billion.
- Michael Bloomberg: Valued at $40 billion, he runs a media company that bears his name. Since returning to the company as the CEO last year, he has focused on refocusing the company towards its original niche: business and finance.
- Larry Ellison: Ellison is valued at $43.6 billion. He is the Chairman of the software giant Oracle and recently announce the expansion of the companies cloud computing wing.
- Mark Zuckerberg: The cofounder, Chairman and CEO of Facebook is valued at $ 44.6 billion. No one had it better in terms of stocks as Mark Zuckerberg. He is not only a great strategist, his acquisitions have also been proved fruitful, be it Instagram or Whatsapp.
- Jeff Bezos: With a net worth of $45.2 billion, the founder and owner of Amazon places extreme importance to customer satisfaction. No wonder, the website is the greatest e-commerce story, ever!
- Carlos Slim Helu: The Mexican is valued at $50 billion. Decline in stock value, weakening of the Mexican currency against the dollar among other factors saw him drop from second to fourth.
- Warren Buffett: He is the CEO of Berkshire Hathaway and is valued at $ 60.8 billion. In recent times, he has expressed great optimism regarding for the future of America.
- Amancio Ortega: The media-shy founder of Zara stands out as the richest man in Europe and the richest retailer in the world. He is valued at $67 billion.
- Bill Gates: Valued at $75 billion, Gates has retained his top spot for seven years in a row now and has been ranked the world’s richest 17 out of 22 times.