Lauren Brooke Baldwin is an American journalist and TV news anchor currently working as the host of CNN Newsroom. The 5’7” tall beauty is fluent in English as well as Spanish.
Brooke was born on July 12 1979, in Atlanta, Georgia. She attended The Westminster Schools as a child. This was the time when the school was just adopting the system of day scholar. Baldwin has stated that the institution had a great impact on her and laid the foundations of what her future would be. This was the place where she imbibed public speaking and leadership skills. At 13 years, she attended the yearly ‘United States Space Camp’ where she was named as the leader of the kids. Brooke maintains that this was an incredibly cool memorable moment of her childhood years. Also, she used to enjoy the wooded surroundings and the greenery as well as the care provided by the staff and the teachers.
After school, Baldwin enrolled at the University of North Carolina located in Chapel Hill and graduated with 2 bachelor’s degrees, one in Spanish and the other in journalism, in 2001. She also spent her undergraduate years studying at the Universidad Iberoamericana located in Mexico City.
- Brooke started her career in broadcasting at Charlottesville, Virginia’s WVIR-TV.
- She then moved to WOWK-TV in the Charleston/Huntington West Virginia region and began working as the morning anchor.
- She then began working as the main reporter of the 10 PM newscast for WTTG station in Washington DC.
- Career at CNN: In 2008, Brooke began working for the HLN and CNN networks. She started as a contributor for the Rick Sanchez hosted show ‘Rick’s List.’ After Rick was fired by the network for allegedly making anti-Semitic remarks, the network filled the spot with Baldwin. She later went on to become a permanent feature on the time slot. Currently, she is the anchor and host of CNN Newsroom that airs on weekdays between 2 PM and 4 PM.
- Brooke was the host of CNN’s central time countdown coverage of the 2011 New Year’s Eve from Nashville, Tennessee.
- She was also the host of #MusicMonday, a weekly segment featured during the hours of her newscast. It profiled varied musicians.
- On the 3rd and 5th of June, 2012, Piers Morgan and Baldwin hosted the network’s coverage of the Diamond Jubilee of Queen Elizabeth II from London.
- In 2012, the 1.75 tall news anchor also hosted ‘Soundcheck,’ a special music program that lasted for 30 minutes. The show featured Mavis Staples, Wilco, Ben Sollee, Mumford & Sons, and Janelle Monae.
- In 2015, Baldwin stated that the veterans were responsible for the Baltimore protests unrest. She was subsequently criticized by some for her view. Brooke initially ignored the criticism, but apologized on air and via Twitter, a day later.
Baldwin is married to Jay David. He is a vet. The couple have no children.
Brooke Baldwin – Salary and Net worth
Her salary is about $1.5 million per year and her net worth is estimated to be around $1.3 million.